Top 25 South West France Wedding Venues
by Katy Webb Photography . 26th November, 2020
Keep in mind that many of these venues are temporarily closed or limiting guests due to Covid19
Here is a list of venues in South West France including these beautiful sub-reasons; Dordogne, Lot et Garonne, Gascony. We’re lucky to have everything from stone-built farm buildings, lodges in the woods, intimate domains to luxurious chateaux.
I’ve shot at so many venues in this area of France. If one is missing that you’d like to see, please leave a comment. I’ll be updating this with example images, blog posts, or galleries from each venue.
If you have any questions or want to know my thoughts on a particular venue, please contact me
Are you planning a destination wedding in France? If you’re looking for a photographer to capture the story of your day get in touch here, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the Best Chateaux Wedding Venues in South West France?
- Chateau de Lartigolle is one of my absolute favourites, set in the countryside near Toulouse, the house has been beautifully modernised with every single detail carefully thought out, with the most friendly and welcoming staff, Lartigolle makes the perfect wedding venue. Definitely check it out!
- Chateau Rigaud It’s just what you’d hope for from a medieval chateau. Chef in the open kitchen, while the fully stocked “chapel” cocktail bar delivers Espresso Martinis into the small hours. The massage and treatment room, small gym and cinema will aid your recovery while the smaller people crash about in the fully equipped nursery. The events barn accommodates 150 guests and the two pools and adventure playground. All this is set in 12 acres of very private landscaped gardens amid the vines.
- Chateau de Montastruc is one of the most beautiful venues I’ve shot at, with the most stunning views and a quaint nearby church it really is a wedding venue your guests will never forget.
- Chateau EnGalin is a stunning 18th century chateau with luxury accommodation, wedding and event venue in Gascony. Engalin welcomes up to 100 guests, sleeping 22 in luxury accommodation – with in-house catering.
- Chateau de Poudenas is a show-stopper! Imagine a beautiful combination of South West France and Tuscany and this is it…Chateau de Poudenas will leave you and your guests with the most incredible memories of your weekend together.
- Chateau Cazenac is the perfect venue if you love the Dordogne! Located halfway between Bergerac and Sarlat overlooking the beeatiful Dordogne valley.
- Chateau de Puissentut is a beautiful, quirky venue with so many photo possibilities and the option of saying ‘I do’ under their traditional pigeonnier.
Rustic Wedding Venues
- Chateau de Brametourte Situated in the south of France, close to the award winning bastide village of Lautrec, central to three UNESCO World Heritage sites, Toulouse, Albi and Carcassonne, Chateau de Brametourte is the perfect venue if you’re looking for a little rustic charm.
- Château de Cazenac halfway between Bergerac and Sarlat and looks over the Dordogne valley, South West France.
- The Maison d’Ete Bursting with history and culture, this 17th century country house is complete with its own chapel, terrace and courtyard. The perfect backdrop to your wedding photos the house can be found nestled away in the Perigord countryside and is another truly intimate venue.
- Idyllic Rural French Wedding Venue Nestling in the heart of the peaceful countryside and surrounded by 20 acres of fields and woodland, this charming French hamlet located in the beautiful Lot, is opening its doors exclusively to welcome wedding parties for the first time! you have the choice of dining ‘al fresco’ in the fairy-lit courtyard or in the fabulous party barn which seats 50 and has the perfect floor for dancing the night away.
- Chateau Sentout Bordeaux is the perfect venue if you’re hoping for a typically French, rustic vibe but with the added bonus of being able to accommodate your entire wedding party! Situated on a hill facing the Garonne valley, Chateau Sentout offers endless possibilities for your day; from dinner under the stone columns to holding your reception under the illuminated arches of the Roseraie.
- Domaine de Beyssac Over towards the Pyrenees, 30km south of Toulouse, sits Domaine de Beyssac, an old abbey in the grounds of a gorgeous and rustic French Chateau South West France.
Vineyard Wedding Venues South West France
- La Vue France is another favourite of mine to shoot at, located perfectly in amongst the vines, with the most spectacular views, amazing food and staff that go above and beyond, you will provide your guests with memories the last a lifetime.
- Chateau Canet is a family run business in the Languedoc, South of France overlooking acres of beautiful vineyards and olive groves.
- Chateau de la Ligne in Bordeaux is the ultimate backdrop to your special day, with vineyards stretching as far as you can see.
- Mas Cicada is unlike any others I’ve shared with you, with it’s contemporary design, Mas stands out as one my absolute favourites.
- La Cannonerieis surrounded by fields and vineyards is owned by a friendly English family that are open to any fresh, new ideas at their venue.
- Chateau La Gauterie is beautiful venue perfectly situated right on the Dordogne/Charante border, South West France.
Alternative/Quirky Wedding Venues
- Coco Barn is so much more than your average wedding venue…surrounded by nature and forests, this peaceful estate, close to the Landes beaches is the perfect bohemian wedding venue and my absolute favourite.
- Chateau des Petits Faucons is ideal for if you’re searching for a laid-back and intimate wedding experience in South West France.
- Le Manoir du Bout du Pont is a beautiful, family run wedding venue in the Dordogne. If you’re planning an intimate wedding then look no further.
- Nicolas Shipyard Bordeaux defines quirky! Who doesn’t want to get married in a venue overlooking the banks of the Garonne.
- Villa La Tosca has everything to offer for your intimate, alternative wedding, even a private beach!